Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IOS App V2.5.1 will not run consistantly on Iphone 10

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Fletch360
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchased and installed a VMB4000 base station with 1 Arlo Q and 2 wireless Arlo Cameras. 

When I first installed the IOS App it worked fine.  I configured the cameras with no issue.

I then went to the online site and did some more configuration.  But when going back to the IOS App it refused to run.

The only way to get the IOS App to work again is to delete and re-install the app.   Closing the app fully, or resetting the iphone will not resolve the issue.

My wife is on an iphone 8, I am on an iphone 10 both IOS 11.3.1 latest version.   The app works fine (so far) on her iphone8, but exhibits the following behaviour on mine  (Video attached) ... The model of the phone seems to be the only difference.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Seems I cannot upload a mp4 video...

Basically , the app opens to the main screen and closes instantly. Even if you go into multiple app screen and then select the running app, it then closes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS Arlo mobile app is now available that should address this issue. Please visit the app store and make sure you have the latest version installed.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.2 - 31st May 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fletch360,

Have you tried uninstalling the app and downloading a fresh version from the app store? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Fletch360
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah,  I've installed and re-installed the latest version a numbet of times.

It seems to be an issue specific to the iPhone10.  I have also installed the app on my work iphone6 and it is working fine on there.  

iphone6 = ok

iphone8 = ok

iphoneX = Proper Broke  🙂 

I have uploaded a video of the way it refuses to operate...

https://youtu.be/eNkqL9ZQcZ0

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fletch360,

Do you have face ID enabled? We're currently investigating an issue that some users are experiencing when face id is enabled and hope to be able to provide a fix soon. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Fletch360
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I do. 

Thats good to know there’s a potential RC for the issue. 

I will look out for the next update. Thanks. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS Arlo mobile app is now available that should address this issue. Please visit the app store and make sure you have the latest version installed.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.2 - 31st May 2018

JamesC

Fletch360
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James.

Yes, that update has resolved the issue on my iphone 10 perfectly.

Thank you so much for the quick turnaround on this bug.  

Chris.