Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I lost my Netgear router. How do I get a new one?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
callender100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just gave away my netgear router forgetting it was connected to my Arlo.  How do I get a replacement?  This is for the original Arlo.  It's about 2 years old.

Thanks,

Callender100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean a regular Netgear router or the BASE unit for Arlo cameras

Base units for the original Alro are not sold by themselves... The Pro Base was slated to be sold as a single item ,but not released this way yet to my knowledge.

Your option at this point appears to be to buy a one camera kit with base included...if so, I would opt for the added features of local backup via the usb drive on the Pro base.

Of course, you may also find a base second hand at like Ebay, etc.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean a regular Netgear router or the BASE unit for Arlo cameras

Base units for the original Alro are not sold by themselves... The Pro Base was slated to be sold as a single item ,but not released this way yet to my knowledge.

Your option at this point appears to be to buy a one camera kit with base included...if so, I would opt for the added features of local backup via the usb drive on the Pro base.

Of course, you may also find a base second hand at like Ebay, etc.

callender100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. You nailed it. If I buy the Pro camera and base station, can I connect the old camera to that? Or is it it not compatible with the Pro Base Unit?

Thanks for the help. After reading your response I went to EBay and saw some base units for sale. Prices range between 40 and 60 bucks with shipping costs included in that number. I've been thinking about getting a new camera anyway....may as well do it now.

Thanks again.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Either base will work with either camera Arlo or Arlo Pro....

So a Pro base would work fine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure the eBay base has been removed from the previous owner's account or setting up on your account can be problematic.