Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
xtcnafive0
Guide
Guide
So I'm at the grocery store the other day and when I get to the checkout I notice a lady two people in front of me.
She has an Arlo camera (VMC3030) in one hand and a two pack of square 9v batteries in her other hand asking the cashier if they were the correct batteries for the Arlo.
If she had any smarts she would have taken an old battery from home to match it to a new battery instead of just guessing the battery type.
This lady was serious to think a rectangular battery would fit in a round hole SMH.
Part of me wanted to step in and help her because I have the same cameras, but then again I didn't want to waste my time with someone that was so clueless. She probably wouldn't understand what a CR123 battery type is if I told her anyway.
After holding up the checkout line with her debate, she ended up leaving without buying the 9v batteries because the cashier wasn't sure if they were the correct type.
3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

don't be so smug.  Another kind of situation, she may be the smart, knowledgeable one and you and i the clueless ones.   be kind.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

manfredz wrote:

don't be so smug.  Another kind of situation, she may be the smart, knowledgeable one and you and i the clueless ones.   be kind.

Agree. An opportunity to help someone else out was missed here. The old adage of judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree seems fitting here

RockyRoad
Initiate
Initiate
Sounds like one of those, Had To Be There moments instead of one of those, Funny Thing Happened On My Way Home stories. You should probably hurry and donate $10 to the nearest Hobo you see, lol. Just saying.