Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I cannot log in for days!

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Vitz
Tutor
Tutor

Since Monday I am unable to login, an error message apears saying that Arlo is open on another tab.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vitz
Tutor
Tutor
13 REPLIES 13
Vitz
Tutor
Tutor
johnftr
Initiate
Initiate

My version is showing up as Version2.4.9.855_20005, Released 03/14/18

I have the same problem on Windows (10, 7 pro) machines running Firefox and Chrome and IE. I get the same old error message "You may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again."

Clearing cookies and cache and history does nothing.

HOWEVER, if I use Opera (on Windows 7) I have no problems and login as normal. If I use an iPad app no problems. If I use my Android devices with the App no problem. If I use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 I have no problem.
This is NOT an issue with our equipment. It IS an issue with Arlo infrastructure / server software it seems to me as the login is to Arlo (Netgear) servers and NOT directly to our cameras or base stations.

DRW13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with Chrome on a MACBook Pro. I cleared the cookies, etc... and same message appears as the other user mentioned earlier.

Bearface
Aspirant
Aspirant

can you tell me how to do that?

thanks

johnftr
Initiate
Initiate

I suggest you download Opera (you can get it from here https://www.opera.com/download?os=mac&ver=12.11&local=y)

and then try to login in as normal using Opera as the browser and not Chrome.

brh
Master
Master

@johnftr

This is the message from JamesC's post:

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If that doesn't work, clear your browsing history in Chrome.

Brian

Vitz
Tutor
Tutor

Even after deleting cookies, history etc, there still are some issues loggin in.

After a while you still have to clear all cookies and history.

I know this is not a big problem but nevertheless stil a problem.

Even in the app on my Android phone, the logging in stays a nuissance. After a while whitout usage the app says 'Login expired' and it doesn't even accept my fingerprint, so I have to type my password again.

Like I said, these are not big problems, but they have undermined my trust in this €500 system, if I cannot be 100% sure my security system works it's utter useless, isn't it?

Or maybe make it possible to save your footage on a hdd connected to the base station.

laplante79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clearing cash and cookies does not work. Tried everything. Help!    Kathy in CT.

brh
Master
Master

@laplante79

What browser are you using?

Can you log in on your mobile device?

Brian

laplante79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Chrome, Microsoft 10, and yes I have always been able to use with my iPhone. Thank God because Iuse them to monitor my 94 yr old mom in her home....

brh
Master
Master

@laplante79

There may still be some old cookies hanging around. I simply cleared my entire browsing history for all time. Doing that will cause you to lose saved passwords though. But it worked for me.

The other thing is that if you go into Private Browsing there wil be no cookies or cache as they are not saved.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you perform the steps in message 7 in this thread? I found it worked perfectly for me, also using Chrome on W10.

laplante79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your info. I cleared all history and my Arlo is working on my laptop.