Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
titicaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

When accessing web portal and attempt to rum my cameras It asks for me to download latest Flash Player. I have done that but every time I try to access cameras same message comes up and I cannot open my cameras. anything on this issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@titicaca wrote:

@StephenB I am Using Firefox...I also just tried Chrome and same issues....Another Hmmmnnnnn.....

Chrome doesn't use the adobe plug-in (though firefox does).

With Chrome:

Right after you navigate to https://my.arlo.com (before you log in), click on the padlock immediately to the left of the address.  You'll get a pop-up with the ability to allow flash.  After you select that, you'll see a control to reload - click on that.

Once you've done that, you won't get the flash prompt until you close the browser.

With FireFox:

after you get the error, you'll see a "lego" icon immediately to the left of the padlock (which is immediately to the left of the address).  Click on that, and you'll get a pop-up to allow flash.  Then get rid of the error message by clicking on the "x", and you'll be able to continue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@titicaca wrote:

When accessing web portal and attempt to rum my cameras It asks for me to download latest Flash Player. I have done that but every time I try to access cameras same message comes up and I cannot open my cameras. anything on this issues?

What browser are you using?

titicaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I am Using Firefox...I also just tried Chrome and same issues....Another Hmmmnnnnn.....

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@titicaca wrote:

Chrome doesn't use the adobe plug-in (though firefox does).

With Chrome:

Right after you navigate to https://my.arlo.com (before you log in), click on the padlock immediately to the left of the address.  You'll get a pop-up with the ability to allow flash.  After you select that, you'll see a control to reload - click on that.

Once you've done that, you won't get the flash prompt until you close the browser.

With FireFox:

after you get the error, you'll see a "lego" icon immediately to the left of the padlock (which is immediately to the left of the address).  Click on that, and you'll get a pop-up to allow flash.  Then get rid of the error message by clicking on the "x", and you'll be able to continue.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

These messages are signs that your browser is trying to protect you from "dangerous" content.

Many browsers throw up the same dire warnings. You will have to find out how to give your browser permission to run Flash.

Some browser are more forgiving than others. Some will remember the settings, others require a fresh tweak every time you launch them.

It won't be long before Flash goes to the great code writer in the sky and just won't work. There are alternatives, but Arlo seems to be determined to sit on its hands and to keep Flash going until the last possible minute, sometime in 2020.

Maybe this will help:

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

Here's what you do for some other browsers:

How to troubleshoot Arlo web client Flash errors when using Google Chrome

Cannot view Live Feeds - Flash problem AGAIN! - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
titicaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked! Thank you fellas!.. Happy Holidays to all......