Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
guzpro
Star
Star

I give up.  I am done with using the Arlo Wireless Cameras.  I have honestly tried to accept the oddities I have experienced since the purchase but I am done.  Once again for the 6th time since purchase the cameras chew through batteries almost daily.  My base station has been replaced, relocated it and gone through in the plural of hundreds now in batteries trying to make this work.  I worked with Netgear early on and eventually the cmaeras were stable and reliable.  but in the last 2 months after updates it has gone back to daily/weekly battery changes.  the cameras are in my office 1 7 feet, the other 12 feet from the base.  Heck for the last 2 weeks they have been on my desk sitting almost next to the base.  I have not changed the objects in my office so for months no interference issues or anything like that from other devices.  These things just go offline, no warning and by the time i realize, often within a a day, sometimes hours the batteries are chewed through.  I am a huge netgear fan but I can't take it anymore.  I have 2 dropcams and in the years since i have had them i have had zero issues.  They just run and run.  But I am done spending money on these things.  I come here and read thread after thread of people having battery issues and it seems like this si just something thats known and happens and seemingly never gets resolved.  I am sticking to wired camer'as and am now going to research new wired cameras to replace my 2 Arlo cameras.  What a waste of a great concept.

131 REPLIES 131
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That makes it sound like you have Pro cameras, not the original wirefree that this section is about.

Was the base turned off in that time? The cameras will try to connect during that time, depleting the batteries quickly.

Smphillipstx
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem with one out of four cameras. Been working perfectly (indoors) and all of the sudden, has battery drain problems. Batteries last leass than 2 minutes - get low battery warning. Bought batteries from several vendors thinking maybe a bad batch, did the factory reset, etc - no avail.

ananth-6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Tenergy T333 battery tester which I use regularly. When Arlo says my batteries are at 2%, the battery tester is showing full bars! That means batteries are still good. I have pile of expensive CR123 batteries rejected by my 4 ARLO wireless cameras. Unless you are looking for expensive paper weights, these ARLO cameras are of no use.

MattB21
Aspirant
Aspirant

We purchased a 4 camera Arlo Pro system in January 2018. We typlically Armed all 4 cameras in the evening and Disarmed them in the morning. Then in late May after leaving them Armed while we were away for a 4 days, the batteries started discharging 25-35% per day whether they were Armed or not. Tried everything including checking to make sure we had the latest firmware update which was last done June 8. 

Still trying to get hold of customer service to get them replaced on warranty.

MJ23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, when i first bought tge cams, ofcourse while reading uts feature and experiencing them, the battery lasted for about 4 months. I satrted getting the low abttery warnings, and immediately i jumped into action and recharged them, one by one. I have 5. All with oerfect signals except 1 with one bar the. All under the balanced whality and batt life option. My app and cam are all uptodate.. Anywho, after charging them, they lasted about a week and now one by one they are all going low on battery. Why? What can i do? Read somewhere open and close thge battery compartment or reset the abse station. Help plz...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

MattB21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. Since the draining problems began, have had two firmware updates, the latest 06/19.

Will see if that and the latest update (09/21) fixes the rapid draining of one of my cameras which is still draining quickly.