Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
timmyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to set up my account so I can use my new cameras, 2 Arlo pro 2. I keep getting error messages like my email is already in use or not valid. I try to strat a chat and I never get connected. I call and get a voice mail and no response. What do I have to do to get started? I am about ready to send these cameras back and go with Ring.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@timmyz

Although they are now two different companies, if you have previously set up an account with Netgear then you should be good to go.

If Arlo says the account is already in use and you remember the password, login with that email account and password, download the Arlo app, install the base then sync the cameras.

If you can't use that account set up a different email address and use those credentials to install the system.

Brian

timmyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I have a netgear account that I can sign into without a problem. Last night I managed to reset my password for Arlo but when I put in my email now and password now nothing happens, no error messages but the screen just stays on sign in. I have yet to actually get into the Arlo account section.. I hate to have to set up another email because I would have to check that every day too. Does anyone ever answer the phone or does chat ever work?

Thanks,
timmyz
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app or a browser to set things up? Have you tried the other? WHat have you tried, what do you see?

timmyz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian,

I started by downloading the arlo app using my Samsung tablet, then tried arlo.netgear on my pc. I could not sign in on either. I just tried the tablet again and I think it's going to work. I got passed the login so now I will move onto the cameras with fingers crossed.