Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Cannot Connect The Arlo Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DAARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot connect the Arlo base for the LIFE OF ME!  I've spent the last 4 hours turning on/off, factory reset, connecting/unconnecting wires.  I very much need help please!  What didnt I try i have no idea....

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@DAARLO

What are the LEDs on the base station showing from left to right? If the middle LED is not green, you are having problems getting the base to connect to the internet.

Brian

DAARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes green lights for power and internet. Orange for camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good. That means the base is connecting to the Internet. First, you have to claim the base. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) and select the base section to claim. Once that's done, The Camera LED will go out and you can sync the cameras. Press the base sync button briefly - don't hold it - and then a camera sync button. Repeat until all are synced. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

DAARLO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Called the helpline and did a lot of the same tests I was doing the last few hours. Conclusion they gave me is the hardware is faulty. What a colossal waste of today’s time. Disappointed in Arlo. Thanks for your people’s input though.