Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
goldenchrisd
Follower
Follower

My VMB4000 is now not connecting to my account. Has been working great for several years. Tried re-setting including factory re-set and nothing working. Any advice?

31 REPLIES 31
KevinH12
Tutor
Tutor

I took my Arlo to a friends house and both HUB and CAMERA connected immediately. He has a different ISP.

I've tried 2 different routers reset to factory settings with nothing else connected except the HUB, so I believe my ISP has made changes.

I've been in constant contact with Arlo support and they are not able to help.

KevinH12
Tutor
Tutor

I finally made some progress but still need some help!
The HUBS connected to my account from a friends ISP (Comcast).
I brought the HUBS home and they connected to my Arlo router. I was able to add Cameras.

I am NOT able to add HUBS from home using my ISP. I tried 3 different routers, the last being a Belkin F7D8301 Play N600.

I setup a cellular hot spot (Verizon) and was able to connect HUBS to my account.

I talked to my ISP for over an hour and they said the problem is not on their e
nd, they let all traffic through and don't block any ports. Arlo would need to provide evidence that the ISP is not configured correctly. There is nothing more they are willing to do.

Has anyone else run into this and what did they have the ISP check for?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Reach out to support to receive further assistance with the behavior you are experiencing.

To access the Support Center:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure app.
  2. Tap Settings > Support.
KevinH12
Tutor
Tutor

As I stated several times before, Arlo support is unable to help. My ISP says it's due to the way Arlo communicates when discovering the HUB and burden of proof is on Arlo. I was able to get the Hub online by setting up a hotspot with cellular. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Have you tried turning off other devices plugged into or using the network router? It is possible that your suffering a IP address conflict preventing connection.

KevinH12
Tutor
Tutor

When I was trying to connect the HUB, the only thing connected to the router was the HUB and a computer. I tried 3 different routers (different brands) all reset to the default configuration.

After I got the hubs connected to my account, using a friends ISP and also using a celluar Hotspot I created, I have 3 hubs and multiple cameras connected.

It has something to do with the discovery of the HUB with my ISP.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KevinH12 wrote:

It has something to do with the discovery of the HUB with my ISP.

Are you saying that the base doesn't appear in the attached device list of the ISP-supplied router?

If it is there, and is still in your account, then it isn't about discovery (which as the name implies, is about finding the device).  More likely a connection attempt being made by the base to one of the cloud components is failing.