Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
LinkShadley
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn off push notifications and emails to Friends, but leave them coming to me.  I'd like to grant others access to the camera view when they want, but not bother them with multiple notifications every time a moose, bear, deer or other critter wanders by our mountain cabin.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The push notification is global - either everyone gets it or no one does. If you still want them, tell the others to disable notifications in the phone settings for the Arlo app.

Email is fixed by exiting your modes and rules so only you or whomever you choose gets them. Anyone you want excluded would be removed from the list. Be sure to save the rule and mode as you exit.

LinkShadley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to clarify, are you saying that I can turn on motion, and all Friends on my list will receive email notifications of movement, but that they can then turn on and off these notifications from the page they see at Arlo, and it will impact only them, not the others/  And my choice of giving access to controls or not will allow them to do this with either choice?  Thank you very much!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LinkShadley,

All users will receive push notifications when granted access. Email alerts will only be sent to addresses that are added to the rules for each camera.

jguerdat is saying above that if users that are granted access do not wish to receive push notifications, they will need to disable push notifications for the app within their device settings (not within the Arlo app).

JamesC

jsm174
Guide
Guide

IMHO, this is a feature that should -- must -- be addressed.

I want to share my outdoor cameras with my family, but they don't need to get push notifications.

If they shut the notifications off for the app on a system level, then they won't get the notifications for their own Arlo cameras.

Thanks

Jason

Kandi1103
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still adjusting my setting's and I'm a 1st. time owner of any home security camera system. I have an Arlo wireless and I'm getting a lot of emails (like 200 a day !) and my phone is always going off as well because of motion detection ! (yes I have a lot of adjusting to do, lol)  What I would like to know is should I turn off push notifications ?  I hope you can help put me on the right tract.

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Mode tab.  Select your base.  Edit your modes (likely the default Armed mode) using the pencil or > icon on the right.  All settings are in there.  Be sure to save.

Also, read the FAQs here on how to create your own custom modes for complete control.