Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
D444
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I set an alarm off on a shared arlo wireless system, the alarm option only works on my newer arlo pro base station, with no choice-option available

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The siren will work if you have the Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000). You can see more here: Base Station for Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 (VMB4000).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think an account that was granted access can set off an alarm manually. Check the FAQ here for what privileges are available for a granted access account.

D444
Aspirant
Aspirant

The faqs are silent on this

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @D444,

Make sure that you have Granted Administrative Rights to trigger the siren alarm. You can read here on how to turn the Arlo Pro Base Station siren on and off once you have access: How do I turn the Arlo Pro base station siren on or off?

D444
Aspirant
Aspirant
I verified that I have admin rights. When I set off the alarm my home system alarms as expected. (Model vmb4000r3). When the person who granted me access my home system alarms as well. Neither of us are given an option to select which base alarms. The unit which does not alarm is model vmb3010r2. Help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Can the main account, for the model VMB4000r3 version, check that you have grant access to "Siren"?

D444
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app does not give this option, it only gives an option for admin rights 😩
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure to hit "Edit" and check mark the "siren" if it is not already. See the screenshot below.

2019-03-01 08_47_44-Photos.png

D444
Aspirant
Aspirant
The software does not show the siren 😥, wondering if this model even has an alarm speaker.

Btw the base station says net gear on it
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The siren will work if you have the Arlo Pro Base Station (VMB4000). You can see more here: Base Station for Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 (VMB4000).