Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to separate accounts for 2 separate locations having same account?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
maduomac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please I need to know how to separate accounts for two separate locations having same account and log in. I don’t want people living in other home to see clips of my recordings in my home. Please advice. Thanks.
Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a couple of ways this could work:

1) Use Settings, Grant Access to certain email addresses, allowing access to only certain cameras. No need to separate anything.

2) Remove the base and cameras for one home from your account. Create a second account using a second email address, set the system up again and use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first's email address so you see all cameras in one login. Each system would then have family members granted access only for the system they need access to.

The first suggestion is the one I'd go with - much simpler.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the total number of cameras doesn't exceed 5, all you need to do is to set up the systems on the same account. The number of bases doesn't matter.

If >5 cameras, either subscribe to the Premier or Elite services or set the second set up using a second emil address/account and use Settings, Grant Access from the second set to the first system's email address so all cameras show up in one login.

maduomac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. My question is how can I separate 5 cameras with two separate locations (one location has 3 cameras-my extended family members; one location has 2 cameras-my home) into 2 separate log ins so each home could log in separately without having access to the other home’s cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a couple of ways this could work:

1) Use Settings, Grant Access to certain email addresses, allowing access to only certain cameras. No need to separate anything.

2) Remove the base and cameras for one home from your account. Create a second account using a second email address, set the system up again and use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first's email address so you see all cameras in one login. Each system would then have family members granted access only for the system they need access to.

The first suggestion is the one I'd go with - much simpler.