Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to mix modes for cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Adwiz
Follower
Follower

I'm wondering if there's a way to have different modes for different devices. As it looks now, all devices are on the same mode. But that doesn't always make sense.

For example, we have a camera on a back sliding door. That camera should ALWAYS be armed because the only reason anyone would typically be at that door is if someone is up to no good. I don't care if we're home, it should send an alert if there's motion on that camera no matter what. Meanwhile, the indoor cameras are set to a schedule when we're home or geofencing when we're away. But I can't seem to get one camera to be on a different mode (i.e. always armed) while the others aren't. Is this possible or is it a hole in the Arlo system?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need separate modes with appropriate rules for each camera in each mode. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. If I follow you right, you would have at least one mode with all cameras configured the way you want and another mode with only the backdoor camera. You can then set the modes in appropriate time periods in your schedule and/or geofencing selections for Home and Away.