Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
VirtualBruce
Aspirant
Aspirant

The documentation at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-turn-on-off-email-notifications/ta-p/1... appears to be considerably out of date.  At step 2 there is no link corresponding to "Mode > Camera Name" although I am able to get to the Modes page by clicking the Modes link.  I use the Schedule mode.  There is no pencil icon for the Schedule mode but there is a ">" link which lets me edit some settings for that mode.  However, there is nothing there that lets me turn on/off notifications for Schedule mode among those settings, only a clunky interface for setting system on/off times.  It's bad enough that there does not appear to be a way to globally turn off email notifications (i.e. that this appears to be "mode" dependent) but I can't find any way to turn this off for the Schedule mode. I found notification settings for the Armed mode but I don't use Armed mode.  What a mess.

-Bruce

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Schedule mode merely allows you to schedule other modes. If you want to use schedule mode and not received notifications, you'll need to remove the email notification check mark from within the rules of the mode that you schedule.

If you schedule eg Armed mode between 9am-5pm and a custom mode from 5pm-10pm, you'll need to go into Armed and into your custom mode and edit each rule to remove the email notification

There's nothing wrong with the interface. It works really well