Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to disable mail notification on ios?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ps_arlo
Follower
Follower

I know how to disable push notifications on my ios device, but I just want to disable the annoying email notification.

How?

The app-interface is really not very userfriendly, many options hidden in different parts of the system, and the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can disable email notifications in Settings. Go to Rules, select one to edit (you'll have to do it for each rule) and scroll down to Send Email Alert.  Click on To This List and click on any email address shown.  The green check mark should turn black (it can be hard to see the difference).  Now the hard part - make sure you click Save twice, once for the email and then again for the rule.  It's not obvious that you must do both.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can disable email notifications in Settings. Go to Rules, select one to edit (you'll have to do it for each rule) and scroll down to Send Email Alert.  Click on To This List and click on any email address shown.  The green check mark should turn black (it can be hard to see the difference).  Now the hard part - make sure you click Save twice, once for the email and then again for the rule.  It's not obvious that you must do both.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you're using iOs Arlo App 1.8.1..and if you have one or more email registered on your camera, the easiest way is under "Settings--Rules" and tap which pre-configured camera you want to edit and scroll down and you will see the following email listed under "TO THIS LIST" .. Just Tap and uncheck which email you don't want to get email notification and tap on "Done" on the upper right corner of the screen to save and that should do it... 

Bressani
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cant find Rules undee Settings....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bressani,

Rules are located within modes. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Mode > Select your device > click the pencil icon next to the mode you would like to change > click edit on the rule you would like to change.

For more information on rules see here: What are Rules and how do I create them?

JamesC

Bressani
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hve an iPhone and the app doesn't show settings. I'll try on the pc through the website
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an iOS device but settings is available in the icon on the top right of the Arlo screen.

That said, you won't get to most settings that would affect modes and rules there. You must go to the Mode tab, select your system and then edit your modes.