Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rex
Guide
Guide

My first Arlo 2 camera system seemed to be faulty, couldn't get it to run, continuously getting errors about 'camera in use' or 'You can't stream more than 4 cameras etc' so I exchanged for a new system.
Now I am totally stuck as my browser will only see the old (now returned) base station & basically hangs with an Arlo pop-up saying 'please wait...' as it is obviously searching for the old base station.

I cannot use the deactivate' button because of this pop-up and I cannot get past this screen to get the new base station working.

The cameras are paired with teh base station & ready to go but it's stuck looking for something that doesn't exist.
Any suggestions?
Arlo has really been a serious disappointment so far. I've wasted hours trying to set-up something that should have taken 20 minutes max.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternon Rex,

I send you a personal message in hopes of working with you directly to expedite getting this issue resolved.  However, if you haven't done so already please go to "Base Station Settings" where you should see "Deactivate" to remove that old base station from your account.

Once you select Deactivate you should then be able to go to "Settings" > "Subscriptions" > Add a Base Station located at the very bottom of the page (scroll down).

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternon Rex,

I send you a personal message in hopes of working with you directly to expedite getting this issue resolved.  However, if you haven't done so already please go to "Base Station Settings" where you should see "Deactivate" to remove that old base station from your account.

Once you select Deactivate you should then be able to go to "Settings" > "Subscriptions" > Add a Base Station located at the very bottom of the page (scroll down).

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Rex
Guide
Guide

Hi Christine,

I was able to find a work-around & deleted the former base-station so fixed the issue now. The major problem was that the browser interface was stuck in a loop searching for teh non-existant base-station so I could not get to the button to delete it.

Thanks

Adam

Sansaneemartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was deleted my base station by mistake. How can I get it back please.

many thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll have to treat it as a new system.  Go to https://arlo.netgear.com/ and use the new system button.