Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add camera that you do not want to record to cloud

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
swqaengr
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 cameras and plan to add more, but I do not want them record to Cloud.  So why cant I remove them from recording and only allowed to remove them to inactive status.

I jsut want the Garden camea to view and not record, but the Basic subscription requires me to force it to inactive state which does not make sense to me.  If it is 5 cameras which are FREE, it should allow you to choose the 5.

Am I missing something?

arlo.png

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Personally, I would buy a second system including the base so that those cameras used for just live viewing are all on that base which would be set up under a second email address as a new account.  You can then share those cameras to your other account using Grant Access under Settings so everything is seen in one login.  And you would still have the option to record if you ever wanted/needed to.

swqaengr
Tutor
Tutor

But shouldnt I have the right to have cameras to view and cameras to record at my choosing?  That way I cna still maintain the 5 free camera recording subscription.  Since i plant to have 7 cameras where only 5 record.  I do not see why I would need a second base station or need ot create a second account.  

Netgear why dont you make it so users can mix and match what what want for their 5 camera free subscription?

swqaengr
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Personally, I would buy a second system including the base so that those cameras used for just live viewing are all on that base which would be set up under a second email address as a new account.  You can then share those cameras to your other account using Grant Access under Settings so everything is seen in one login.  And you would still have the option to record if you ever wanted/needed to.

But shouldnt I have the right to have cameras to view and cameras to record at my choosing?  That way I cna still maintain the 5 free camera recording subscription.  Since i plant to have 7 cameras where only 5 record.  I do not see why I would need a second base station or need ot create a second account.  

Netgear why dont you make it so users can mix and match what what want for their 5 camera free subscription?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are a number of ways around this, including what I previously suggested, subscribing to a paid plan as well as just using the app or web interface to switch what cameras are active.  I currently have 6 cameras on my free basic plan and one is not active.  You can easily swap (in)active cameras in Settings, Subscription, Manage Camera Status on the web page or Settings, Manage Camera Status in the app.  Not what you're suggesting but works fairly painlessly.

swqaengr
Tutor
Tutor

but that is the thing, I want to view not record.  Netgear should allow for some cameras to record to cloud and others to view, even if you have pass 5 cameras.

dymondave
Aspirant
Aspirant

AGREED!

Arlo must add the capability to monitor / view as many cameras as desired, regardless of the users cloud based recording subsciption.

Please add comments your comments and up votes (Kudos) to keep this post active.