Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add a 2nd base station to another location?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
My_vaca
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo base with 4 cameras, and an Arlo Pro with 3 cameras at another location. Due to cameras not working, I did a reset and had to reinstall the Arlo system. It allowed me to sync all cameras, but didnt allow me to add the last 2 cameras saying I’m over the limit of 5 (but i have 2 systems so should allow 10). Under My Devices, it is showing the 2 base stations, and under Edit mode is showing the correct cameras. However, when I click devices, it is showing all cameras linked to one station (can’t be bc I installed and linked from another location). I remember having to do something the first time i set these up correctly, but can’t find the steps anywhere under search. Help please!
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, do you have at least the Premier account? That would get you the 10 cameras that you say you should be able to get. If so, remove the inappropriate cameras from the existing base, add the second base when you're on-site and sync those disconnected cameras to the second base.

My_vaca
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, I have the basic. It allows up to 5 cameras for each base station. I can’t find the instructions anywhere how to set it up and I forgot how I did it the first time. This is 2 separate systems in 2 separate locations but Arlo is recognizing it as one, therefore only allowing 5 cameras (I have 7 total). What is working currently is one base station with 3 cameras, and another location with another base station and 2 cameras (this is location I need the other 2 cameras). Again, I have synced those cameras but it will not display due to error message I am over the camera limit, which I am not..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, now I have it. You need two accounts so each can have 5 cameras. Each account needs a base with appropriate cameras synced to it. Then use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other account's email address. That will allow you to see all cameras on one login.

Another, less than useful option is to set everything up on one account and manually deactivate cameras and move others to active so you get a mix of cameras that work for your current needs. I think this is where you are now - all cameras are on one account but you can only have 5 active at one time.