Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to activate siren on Arlo iOS app 2.7.0?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ellavale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the update of the Arlo App to version 2.7.0 I have not been able to access the siren on my iPhone (IOS) for manual activation. There is no longer a grey pull-down bar under the Arlo logo on the Devices screen and I can't find anything elsewhere. I have tried downloading another app but have the same situation. It is still accessible on my iPad with v2.6.3 and on my laptop with v2.7.0. I have Arlo Pro cameras and the VMB4000 base station. I have found it impossible to contact Arlo support direct. Does anyone have suggestions please.

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ellavale,

To activate the siren from the Arlo app, make sure to tap on the White Shield with the red exclamation point on the top-right corner as shown on the picture below.

ellavale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou JessicaP but there is no shield as shown in your response, nothing at all either side of the arlo logo.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What iPhone are you using? Try to log out, uninstall, restart your iPhone, and reinstall the app and see if you're able to see the icon shown on the picture.

ellavale
Aspirant
Aspirant

That didn't work. I have iPhone 5C, IOS version 10.3.3.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you share a screenshot of how it looks like on your iPhone 5C where you don't see the red white shield icon and pull-down bar?

ellavale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot attached (I hope)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. Are you seeing this problem still after updating to the latest Arlo app version, which is 2.7.1?

ellavale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes still the same with 2.7.1. Also tried downloading the updated version a couple of times as suggested earlier.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for trying all the suggestions that I can think of. Let me have our support team help you out with the problem you're having. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.