Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How much storage do I actually have with the basic plan

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
paragon98144
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw 7 weeks of cloud storage when I bought this, but now I'm only seeing 1 GB. Does that I can only save it for 7 weeks? Because I can hardly see stressing about where I'm going to save my 1 GB of mp4 footage.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, what you saw was 7 days of storage not weeks;

Capture22.JPG

and don't worry, its about < than 1 meg per ten seconds of video, your 1 gb will be fine for temp storage... Offload and save any thing you deem important.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rpassailaigue
Aspirant
Aspirant
hello how are you I wonder if I can buy more storage space choose another plan that I benefit and if the cost is monthly or yearly. i hope your answer .
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rpassailaigue wrote:
hello how are you I wonder if I can buy more storage space choose another plan that I benefit and if the cost is monthly or yearly. i hope your answer .

You can pay monthly or yearly as follows...

pricing and data info ;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-...

rpassailaigue
Aspirant
Aspirant

tkank, if I buy a subscription plan premier i can install 1 base station more ? i have 1 base station using at the moment I can put other base station at home with these plan premier?

best, regard

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

rpassailaigue wrote:

tkank, if I buy a subscription plan premier i can install 1 base station more ? i have 1 base station using at the moment I can put other base station at home with these plan premier?

No, under the Premier plan you can also only hook up one base station.

Your resulting limitations are as follows:

1. Per base station you can have up to four concurrent video streams.
  2. Range.

besides, of course, the maximum number of cameras that can be hooked up.

So, if you wanted to be able to record more than four concurrent video streams, use more than 10 cameras, or needed to extend your coverage beyond what a single base station provides, you'd have to subscribe to the Elite plan and buy more (sets with) base stations.

rpassailaigue
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello, thanks for your information about the plant. i wonder a help ,today I made the register of my count for pay the premium plan with my credit card but when register number credit card i dont have for choose premium plan only i can choose basic plan.

please help me i need buy premium plan 

regards

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

It is probably dependent on which country you're in. Not all countries are supported yet, I think.

Please contact support to get a definitive answer.

I'm just a user just like you.

lenozza
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe here is where confusion comes, and I am confused too. What does this mean exactly: "Basic. 7 Days of Cloud Recording".

Is it like: I am allowed to use the Basic for free for ONLY first 7 days?

Or, if I do weekly review, on each SUN I have to remove all records from the last MON, so I can keep my tomorrow MON covered. And repeat the same procedure each day, to erase the oldest day out of 7.

And what happens if between MON and SUN there are no recording during TUE and WED? Would it make it 5 days on SUN? Or 7 days anyway?

And what about 1GB limit? What if 1GB comes at 5-th day?

If there are so many confusions on the subject - it should be properly addressed, at least within the FAQ.

Please explain.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have for basic/free 7 days of storage to 1 GB...

On the 8th day, the videos from the 1st day will go into your recycle bin ...simple.

The recycle bin will hold for another 7 days (tho it's more like 2 weeks due to slow house-keeping ) before deleteing