Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long will motion detection recording if detect something outside? Also how far will detect it?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Emilykw
Follower
Follower

I would like to have netgear camera install outside of my front yard.  Not sure how long will motion detection recording if detect something moving?  Also how far (distance) and what's angle (or point of view) will camera detect it or record it outside?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends. (TM)

The Pro cameras work better in most cases but there are many variables to consider.  Any of the Arlo cameras can be configured from 10-120 seconds once motion is detected.  Maximum distance depends on the IR signature of the object - I detect cars 50 feet away and rabbits 10-15 feet or so.  People tend to be out to maybe 25 feet but that depends on exactly how you've positioned the camera and the direction the people are moving relative to the camera. Make sure the motion is across the FOV, not at the camera.

There are FAQs here that help detail all of this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends. (TM)

The Pro cameras work better in most cases but there are many variables to consider.  Any of the Arlo cameras can be configured from 10-120 seconds once motion is detected.  Maximum distance depends on the IR signature of the object - I detect cars 50 feet away and rabbits 10-15 feet or so.  People tend to be out to maybe 25 feet but that depends on exactly how you've positioned the camera and the direction the people are moving relative to the camera. Make sure the motion is across the FOV, not at the camera.

There are FAQs here that help detail all of this.