Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long does it take to get a warranty claim done

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
E-Solar
Follower
Follower
I have been trying to get a warranty claim completed with Arlo since March 2020 and after following what can only be described by a protracted and delayed questioning process where I seemed to answer the same question with different support people numerous times before they finally agreed to replace it for me. Relieved after getting an approved claim I thought that a replacement would be on its way within “3-5 Days” as they claimed... how wrong I was! It’s now been almost a month since they have received the faulty unit and I have still not received the replacement despite spending hours on the phone on hold trying to follow up the Arlo support on numerous occasions because they never get back to me on chat or even after speaking with them on the phone. A completely disappointing process which will never make me recommend Arlo to anyone in the future.
4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey E-Solar,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Donnacadh2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. I was told 3-5 days for the warranty replacement. It has been four and a half months. I keep getting told I will get a phone call to confirm shipping dates but it never happens. Incredibly frustrating. Very tired of waiting on hold on the phone and chat for an hour at a time. Then getting a rep, explaining everything and then being told I will be phoned back in 24-48 hours. 48 hours passes and I restart the process. Did you end up getting a replacement in the end or did Arlo continue to play games?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Donnacadh2020,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you about your experience with the support team.

Donnacadh2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,
Thanks for reaching out. After three hours on chat and over 2.5 hours on the phone this evening with a supervisor, I am still no closer to getting my replacement base station. The agent I spoke (in India despite ringing a US phone number during IS business hours) with gave me the typical Arlo message that I will get a phone call in 24-48 hours. A phone call that has get to happen despite over a half dozen promises of the same over the last four months.

The agent explained only ‘email support’ could deal with this but they don’t answer the phone so I need to wait for them to reach out. Four months now...

Can you tell me when my base station will ship? I have been patient, but quite frankly after over four months and hundreds in euro spent on international calls, I am losing my will to work with Arlo. Customer service is non-existent.

I have replied to your private message. I will update this post with a response time when I receive my replacement basestation.