Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SarahC
Follower
Follower

I.e. how do you turn it off when you don't want it recording? There is no manual.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SarahC wrote:

I.e. how do you turn it off when you don't want it recording? There is no manual.

The cameras will only record when (1)manually turned on or (2 ) (a)MODE turned on manually or (b)motion/scheduled on. ( mode/motion activated record )

(1)So if watching a static camera view, you must hit triangle first to view live stream. You then must CLICK on the 'round record' button and it will start to flash center red with timer going on upper right corner.  To stop record hit the 'round' button a second time. The round button with stop flashing and timer will clear...

OR to exit back to static cam view and stop record, just CLICK " || " ( two verticle bars/ pause ).

(2)(a) turn off mode to ALL OFF

(b) If motion set/record via schedule, you can either turn off SCHEDULE or Delete the scheduled time slot for same.  ( there was a schedule bug a while back where if recording on schedule and schedule turend off, the cam would complete the timed slot... **believe this was fixed a while back ** )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
paragon98144
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read that if there is anything wrong like video stream is distorted, you can just open the battery door so I'm assuming that it's safe to just take out the batteries to turn it off if you're not using the cam.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

paragon98144 wrote:

I read that if there is anything wrong like video stream is distorted, you can just open the battery door so I'm assuming that it's safe to just take out the batteries to turn it off if you're not using the cam.

no, the cam when not in use really goes to sleep ( till acitvated by motion or manual on )

really no need to turn off at all as the battery usage in sleep mode is minimal ( only pings now and then to base to let base know its really there )

Morse is faster than texting!