Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I turn off the IR illuminators

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Bubbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not seen any "turn off the IR illuminators" options. Where do I find that? Would be very useful at night

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bubbi wrote:I have not seen any "turn off the IR illuminators" options. Where do I find that? Would be very useful at night

Under SETTINGS , then pick camera,  It's the toggle labled NIGHT VISION that turns the ir on/off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bubbi wrote:I have not seen any "turn off the IR illuminators" options. Where do I find that? Would be very useful at night

Under SETTINGS , then pick camera,  It's the toggle labled NIGHT VISION that turns the ir on/off

Morse is faster than texting!
Bubbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

Will the camera still work at night if I set NIGHT VISION to off?

I want to get rid of the red lights but camera must work day and night

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sure, it'll work, but unless you have an external light source all footage at night will be pitch black.

Permart
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the use of an external IR illuminator and disabling NIGHT VISION, would I be correct in assuming that battery life would be extended, perhaps significantly?   (My other reason for using external illumination is to increase night viewing distance.)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life would necessarily have to be extended but not likely by much.  LEDs don't use significant power compared to the sensors and radios.