Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I remove a pink screen

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Gertrude-Ave344
Aspirant
Aspirant

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots of the same question here for a quick search. The same answer applies - open and close the battery door and then open a case with support if that doesn't work:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

It's the IR filter getting stuck.

CHARLIEG1953
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK I did a search for the Pink Screen. Answer was its the IR Filter getting Stuck....

So My question is how do you get it "unstuck?"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read my response to the OP just above your post?

Gertrude-Ave344
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, could you please help me with a problem I'm having with a Arlo camera. 

I have a pink screen and would like to know how  can I remove it please? 

Thanks, 

Ed

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read post #2.

melware
Initiate
Initiate

This may not be the best way to fix the "stuck" IR filter, but this is what I did.

I banged the front of the camera as hard as I could against the palm of my hand.

I banged the front of the camera as hard as I could against the mouse pad on my desk.

After a lot of hard banging and not breaking the camera the pink image is gone.

It has been three days now and the pink image has not returned.

Again . . . .this is not the best fix, but it worked for me

scaleman67
Aspirant
Aspirant

SCREEN WENT PINK DO I JUST RETURN THE CAMERA

CHARLIEG1953
Aspirant
Aspirant
First contact customer service (nice folks) and find out if it can be returned. In some cases, they will ship you a new one and you send them the old one. The problem is with the white balance of the camera.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @scaleman67

As @CHARLIEG1953 mentioned, I have provided the customer service link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

ST611
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had 2 cameras go to pink screen. (Arlo wireless Indoor/outdoor cameras) Found this solution from someone in a Yahoo community. Problem was the night vision filter had slipped over the lens and was stuck. Now for the hi-tech procedure for repair. I took a magnet, a little stronger than a basic fridge magnet, and ran it up and over the camera lens and over the top of the camera several times until the image returned to normal. I could hear an audible "click" when it was back in position. I don't know how the filters were dislodged but haven't had troubles since.

But I haven't downloaded the new app yet.......

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ST611 wrote:

I took a magnet, a little stronger than a basic fridge magnet, and ran it up and over the camera lens and over the top of the camera several times until the image returned to normal. I could hear an audible "click" when it was back in position.

Interesting fix, thx for posting it.