Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Kishawna79
Follower
Follower

How do I recharge my battery on my Arlo camera

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Which wireless camera? The Pro comes with a charger. The original cameras come with non-rechargeable batteries although you can purchase rechargeable batteries and a charger for them. Arlo has a certified setup now that you can purchase.
PTT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you tell me more about where to get the Arlo certified setup for the rechargeable batteries from?  My first batch of batteries have just run out and I'm looking to purchase more - preferably rechargeable.  Any info on batteries (ie. where to get them from in NZ) would be appreciated.  Thanks.

LoriOKC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just noticed that you can buy a battery charger now, called Tenergy, on Amazon for the original Arlo cameras. Has anyone tried this? Seems like it would save a lot of money because we have been replacing our camera batteries about every 3 months. With 4 cameras, that gets expensive!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James - Are these safe to use? Have you tested them? Originally I was told that I can't use rechargeables due to fire hazard. That was awhile ago so hopefully things have changed.

Thanks

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I bought both a set with charger and just a set.  Make sure you get the Tenergy gold coloured, 3,7 volt rechargeables and not yje silver colored Tenergy 3.0 volt rechargeables.

I got from Amazon ca since I live in Canada but notice outside of Canada and USA they're still difficult to obtain.

Some people who live in other countries have had luck with some other brands; others haven't.

I put them in by two most used cameras and am quite happy with them. They don't last as long as the one time batteries, but rechargeables never do

Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just curiuos how long they last? Do you have your cameras running fulltime? 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

on one i average 13 x 120 sec recordings/day and average a drop of 1.9% per day

on the other average 16x 120 sec recordings per day and average 4.8% drop per day.

On both cams although fully charged when put in, the quickly drop to about 90% charged before slowing down to above

MandV
Tutor
Tutor

This is news to me that the original battery is not rechargable!!! what the heck!!!! why is a battery charger included in the box.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

If you have an Arlo Pro, the battery is rechargeable.

If you have the original Arlo , the 4 CR123A that it come with are not rechargeable and never heard of them coming with a charger.

However Netgear has certified the Tenergy rechargeables to work with it and has a link on the accessories page,

dbbusaf
Initiate
Initiate

The rechargable batteries for the older Arlo are garbage, they do not last very long.

Arlo should offer everyone that have the older Arlo cameras to trade-in/upgrade to the newer rechergable Arlo at a discount, or they should design a rechargable plug in battery pack for the older Arlo.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

The Tenergy and Nitecore rechargeable batteries are not garbage.

I'm a very heavy recorder, my cams averaging 20-46 120sec recordings per 24hr period, yet still get 12-14 days between charges.

Most users wont be recording anywhere near that and should get months between charges

dbbusaf
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the update, I just noticed the one that I received was a copycat. I'll order thru Amazon this time.. Again, Thsnks..