Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I mount my Arlo Wire-Free cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dealsearcher
Follower
Follower

i mounted one of my arlos at the exterior of my house, after 6-7 months, the battery went out so I took it down to replace the battery.  I couldnt screw the exterior mount off of the camera!  Anyone have this issue? I don't recall screwing it in really tight, perhaps the weather caused it?  I tried both directions, neither loosen the mount. I cannot change the batteries without taking the mount off.  Any help would be great, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on the quality and material of the mount, there could certainly be corrosion in the threads causing it to be "locked" into place.  Many mounts include a locking collar that you tighten after screwing the mount in place so the camera won't rotate unintentionally so maybe that needs to be loosened first.  I would firmly (but not with a BFH - Big F'ing Hammer) use a pair of pliers on the mount unscrew the locking collar and then the mount from the camera.  It's possible that damage could occur but it would most likely happen with the threaded part in the camera starting to rotate (I'd think it's just a press fit) but that shouldn't hurt the camera itself.

In the future, you could use a little anti-sieze compound on the threads to help prevent this if it's due to corrosion.