Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I view it on my Samsung smart TV

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
JamesLM
Tutor
Tutor
  • What can I do to view it on smart Tv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesLM
Tutor
Tutor
Cool. Thank you for all the info. Will dive in and see what I can make work. Much appreciated

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

You can't.

JamesLM
Tutor
Tutor

Cool thanks for all the info. That was so helpful.

Are they going to make an app for samsung TV's. That would be cool if they did

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hopefully they eventually will. There's a Sony TV that runs Android or you could get an Android set top box. Those should be able to run the android version of the Arlo app

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesLM  james.....

read this, it's a good easy read primer on streaming;

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-stream-to-tv,news-18335.html

As to streaming without any devices, it's a bit harder but is do-able in a past tense on a PC with win 10. i have my Samsung tv in the network and easily send any downloaded Arlo video to the tv ( right click file and CAST TO DEVICE ). If the samrt tv is found as a dvevice , your G2G,

Biggest problem is the use of flash... maybe if the videos change over to html5 none of this will matter as the browser on the tv will prob play directly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

steve_t wrote:

Hopefully they eventually will. There's a Sony TV that runs Android or you could get an Android set top box. Those should be able to run the android version of the Arlo app

Pretty much any non-Apple smart TV runs Android.  Of course, that doesn't mean each manufacturer will support an Arlo app, especially if each app has to be customized to that manufacturer or even each model.

I can use my new Samsung Smart TV to view many things using the built-in browser.  I bought a Bluetooth keyboard to make it easier but the same limitations exist as using a mobile browser set to use the desktop version of the web page - Flash doesn't exist so live view and other Flash-related items won't work.  Viewing the library isn't an issue, however.

It's all related to the specific browser - some work, some don't.  While I wouldn't mind an app, it's down on my list.  YMMV.

JamesLM
Tutor
Tutor
Cool. Thank you for all the info. Will dive in and see what I can make work. Much appreciated
VernonX
Guide
Guide

MHL cable for your HDMI connection on the TV should do the trick by showing what is on your Android phone.