Arlo errors at beginning of recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jas1549
Tutor
Tutor

It appears that I am seeing more and more errors in my video recordings. Batteries are nearly new, Cameras are within 15 of the base station. Any suggestions to resolve these issues?  Please see videos provided.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's definitely some interference there. I would try to manually set your router to the clearest channel of 1, 6, 11 and restart the base station and it should follow the router to the same channel. You can use a phone app like Wifi Analyzer to see what channels are being used the most in your area and thus should be avoided to reduce the chances of interference

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to interference being the cause, I relly don't believe thats the case... In to many cases there it was there then gone without changes in the home

old thread:

This is not the first time "ghosting" has been seen.... On Qs and Arlos.

Put in a trouble ticket to Netgear... more complaints equal better/quicker fixes.

That said, the ghosting effect has been narrowed down to a few reasons...

compression, server connections, data thruput, lost key frames are all prob part of a problem.  As you've seen , lowering the rez fixes the problem but you paid for 1080. Other time, you'll see if works fine and in some areas ( where I am , NY ) it use to happen and went away as i haven't seen it in a while.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------