Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How I use the batteries to get longer life

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Larry580
Follower
Follower

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents on how happy I am with my 2 new Arlo cameras.

First, I wanted them for peace of mind, not to catch a thief.

I have all settings turned off, all the time.

I log in from out of town (with the app on my phone).  

I turn on the camera.  

I press the "Live" button.  

I take a screen capture on my phone (by holding down the power button and the home button at the same time).  

I turn off the camera.

The camera is "on" for a total of about 10 seconds.  

In a week of doing this twice a day, I've used about 1% of the battery.

I can then peruse the pictures at my leisure because they are stored on my phone.  And the pictures are great.

I'm 3,000 miles away from home, and have complete peace of mind.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the camera OFF ( in settings ) is the same amount of power usage as if DISARMED and the camera goes to sleep ( which it does when disarmed ) With both, the camera pings the base to make sure it's there...the major diff is for privacy , esp if you share cameras as only the primary can turn them back on.

So you can just leave them in the DISARMED mode and the batteies should make about 7 months or so +/-, ( used as you do ).

Or ,IMO, get a Q model for indoors and you can leave it on and armed all the time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the camera OFF ( in settings ) is the same amount of power usage as if DISARMED and the camera goes to sleep ( which it does when disarmed ) With both, the camera pings the base to make sure it's there...the major diff is for privacy , esp if you share cameras as only the primary can turn them back on.

So you can just leave them in the DISARMED mode and the batteies should make about 7 months or so +/-, ( used as you do ).

Or ,IMO, get a Q model for indoors and you can leave it on and armed all the time.

Morse is faster than texting!