Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
krjt
Follower
Follower

I recently relocated one of my cameras and can't find the instructions to change the activity zone.  I adjusted my other cameras before  and they work fine.  I can't find the instructions for the older units and Netgear tells me I have to subscribe to Arlo Smart in order to use Activity Zone.   

Anyone with instructions?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the original wireless cameras can't be AC-powered, you don't get normal zones. You must subscribe to Smart to use them. It may be that older firmware allowed you to set zones (I don't recall) but they would be inactive until you subscribed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the original wireless cameras can't be AC-powered, you don't get normal zones. You must subscribe to Smart to use them. It may be that older firmware allowed you to set zones (I don't recall) but they would be inactive until you subscribed.

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

And another reason to roll back the app to an older version- no nag screen for the Smart Zones, which of course I can't have without forking money over to Arlo each month for another feature that doesn't work.

Version 2.5.3_22376 of the Android app is the last version to work without the ads.

JGaroutte
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue.  I was able to define zones before and now they have disappeared.  What is most scary is that the response given states they would have been inactive unless i subscribe.  This alone would force me not to recommend a product in which a company provides a service and essentially takes it back to make us fork over even more money.  Bad business practice and artificially limiting the functionality I paid for when I bought the cameras.  Pure bull**bleep**.

Kriminal
Tutor
Tutor

One week ago I've configured the activity zones, worked like a charm.

Since yesterday I received a lot of notification from arlo motion detection outside my monitored activity zone.

Opened the app, checked my activity zone and the feature was disappeared ?!?!

I searched on the forum and discovered that this feature is not free anymore but only on payment.

Really???

Put this feature back or I'll give back the 4 cameras kit to Amazon.

Geofencing works bad with two phones (solved with iftt), is unable to extend wifi signal without buying an another station (solved moving the station), the integration with Google Assistant works only with correct umidity and when having saturn in Leo, now the activity zone on payment "e mo' avete proprio rotto li cojoni".