Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tkd1953
Aspirant
Aspirant

The information inserts in the packaging say install the app and it will walk you through the installation process. So far, nothing. Obviously I have to hook the Ethernet to the router & mount the cameras, etc, but once I do that how will I sync the cameras!
Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app walks you through that. When you first create an account, you should be prompted to add/claim the base. Once that's accomplished, the app asks you to sync the cameras.

You can do this manually. Log into your account and choose Add Device. As long as the power and Internet LEDs are green on the base (and the Camera LED is off or amber) you should choose to add the base. When successfully completed, you can follow the prompts to sync cameras or simply briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then press the sync button on one camera. WHen that's complete, noted by rapid flashing of the blue LED on the camera, repeat the syncing process for additional cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app walks you through that. When you first create an account, you should be prompted to add/claim the base. Once that's accomplished, the app asks you to sync the cameras.

You can do this manually. Log into your account and choose Add Device. As long as the power and Internet LEDs are green on the base (and the Camera LED is off or amber) you should choose to add the base. When successfully completed, you can follow the prompts to sync cameras or simply briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then press the sync button on one camera. WHen that's complete, noted by rapid flashing of the blue LED on the camera, repeat the syncing process for additional cameras.

tkd1953
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn't get a prompt but I can figure it out now. Thank you so much.