Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Camera

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
augnmike
Initiate
Initiate

I bought the base station and one camera along with four additional cameras.  I got them all working but one.  On this one once I put the batteries in the blue light comes on and then off and then blinks rapidly like it was synched. Since I hadn't even pushed the base station button that didn't make sense.  When I tried to synch it the blue light would either just keep slow blinking or blink yellow.  I have taken the batterys out several times still same results.  I shut off the base station and started over, same results.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
augnmike
Initiate
Initiate

No, there was something wrong with it so I returned it to Amazon and got a new one.  It worked fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

augnmike,

Consider a fresh set of batteries (you could use a set from one of the cameras that synced without any issue) and try again. Please let me know if you still continue having issues syncing this camera.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

augnmike,

Are you still experiencing an issue with the single camera or were you able to get it to sync with the base station after installing new batteries? Please let us know.

JamesC

augnmike
Initiate
Initiate

No, there was something wrong with it so I returned it to Amazon and got a new one.  It worked fine.

Sunrisebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought two sets of three cameras.  I have 5 cameras synched to one base.  I cannot get the 6th camera to synch with the other base.  when I put batteries in the camera a blue light comes on briefly.  I push the synch button on the base and the light flashes.  I puch the button on the camera and get no lights, so no synch.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sunrisebeach wrote:

I bought two sets of three cameras.  I have 5 cameras synched to one base.  I cannot get the 6th camera to synch with the other base.  when I put batteries in the camera a blue light comes on briefly.  I push the synch button on the base and the light flashes.  I puch the button on the camera and get no lights, so no synch.

You can't have more than 5 cameras on the basic (free) level. If you want up to ten, you must go to the next level which is a paid service( or 15 on the top level).

Your option is to pay for the next level or run a second free account with a new email and password.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sunrisebeach,

While what TomMac says above is accurate, your 6th camera should still sync, but cannot be viewed unless you have a paid subscription (premium or elite) to allow more than 5 cameras.

Consider installing a new set of batteries in the affected camera and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

Sunrisebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to you both.  I am using the cameras out of town where I am having a house built.  My batteries are there too.  I will try other batteries when I get there.  I did try two sets of batteries a few days ago with no luck synching

JamesC wrote:

Sunrisebeach,

While what TomMac says above is accurate, your 6th camera should still sync, but cannot be viewed unless you have a paid subscription (premium or elite) to allow more than 5 cameras.

Consider installing a new set of batteries in the affected camera and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC