Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station with internet alarm {amber light}

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
metrex
Tutor
Tutor

ssoBase station has an internet alarm.CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET  I tried resetting unit but nothing. I've tried to reinstall base station via iphone app.  Have done every thing possible with NO luck. Called customer support for help but no luck..

The Alarm was caused by deauthorizing the Base station. which was big mistake.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem pease help... 

Any help will be highly appreciated..

PS   There is nothing to do until internet is established.

cannot make commands without internet connection

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go online via your pc browser; https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

try this;

You can re-activate your base station be performing the following steps while you are in the same location and on the same network as the base station:

1) Log into your Arlo account

2) Click/tap "Settings"

3) Click/tap Subscription

4) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page/screen under "Base Stations"

5) Add Base Station

6) the Base station serial number should auto populate

7) Click "Continue"

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Metrex,

Thank you for your post. If you haven't already done so please try performing a factory reset.

Use a paperclip to depress the Reset" button in the pinhole located on the back of the base station while simultaneously holding the camera "Sync" button on the right hand side of the base station for approximately 10 seconds or until all of the LEDs on the front of the base station will flash amber/orange.

The base station will begin the factory reset process and reboot itself. Once the reset process has been completed all of the settings and provisioning will be cleared from the Arlo system.

If this does not resolve the issue please send me a private message at your earliest convenience and include the following information so we can investigate this issue further.

- Serial Number:

- MAC Address:

- Any other devices connected to your router:

I look forward to your update!

Thank you,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
I've done this however it did not work. Now the reset switch doesn't work. I press it and nothing.
Also i've changed the port number and no luck. I've I've also contacted the database to my modem in this way illuminating my router and it still does not work.. I just think the Base Station is defective. Bad!!
But thank you so much for your help.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Just so you know. The Arlo System was working quite well for about 2 or 3 weeks.
My error was that I Unauthorized it with my account.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Remember The Base doesn't have a InterNet connection. However I done this a fuw times and it will NOT work. I think it is because there is no internet connection.
Right now I called customer service and waiting for their call.
I just think the base station is bad.
But, thank You for your help. Will let you know what happens.
metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Hi here is the info you asked for:
Base Station
Serial# 48914C71A0CD8
MAC# A42B8C99842B
I also have connected to Router. PlayStation3. SlingPlayer; Samsung Smart TV ; Netgear WiFi extender ; Apple TV; HP wifi Printer;Router Netgear 6300.
Hope this helps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Too late now but I'd never post that information on an Internet forum.

Just sayin'...

metrex
Tutor
Tutor
Ok thanks.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to the techs by clicking on their name and on right side of screen ...'send private messg to'

Morse is faster than texting!
TLP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm equally as frustrated and irritated!  Brand new and cannot get anything to happen as it is supposed to do so.  I plugged it in as instructed.  It said two green lights would appear, but three green lights appeared [camera light besides on and internet] but Arlo app could not "locate" my device.  I did a factory reset after a thousand attempts.  I moved the ethernet plug to various locations [and find that the other device that is plugged into the router has a green light at the plug and the Arlo has a yellow light at the plug on the back of the router.  I also switched to another new ethernet cable!  No help in any way.

I CANNOT GET IT TO LOCATE the device.

And now, for some unexplained reason, my "network NETGEAR92 does NOT show up any longer in my iphone or ipad wi fi settings!  So I switched to another network, but still have ALL the same problems, but NO ability to connect to my own router now.

The ten minute install is a total fallacy!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TLP,

It sounds like there is a network issue keeping you from continuing your new system setup. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC