Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Happy and Hopeful at first.....All 3 cameras failed to alert and record when I tested

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ba13
Follower
Follower

Love the sleek "Apple-isque" look and feel.
Set up was simple.
Magnetic attachment is a great option for mounting.
Camera image quality was excellent.
App is fairly simple to navigate.
1 HUGE PROBLEM.
IT DOES NOT WORK.
All 3 cameras failef to alert and record when I tested - I even changed the sense in the ARMED mode a few times to locate the best movement capture sensitivity number. I went with 80 and then 100 and then 90. No change at all and I've read other reviews - I'm not alone in this observation. The cameras alert me only when I'm nearly standing on the lens itself - no alert at 15 feet away.
This system would work great for staring at the grass in my yard or bird watching, unfortunately, I need a security sysrem that is reliable. I'm returning the Arlo HD wireless to SAMS for a full refund of $415.00. Way too much money for an unsecure security system. Oh well, back to square one.

2 REPLIES 2
Uh1pilot
Guide
Guide

Take the clear shipping plastic off the lens and it should work,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ba13,

As mentioned, be sure there is nothing blocking the motion sensor on the camera. The best area for motion detection is 5 to 20 feet from the camera position. It may take some trial and error the find the best location for your Arlo Wire-free cameras. Take a look here for positioning tips: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC