Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red/Pink Tint on camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
hodgy03038
Tutor
Tutor

First of all I must say trying to contact support is actually more difficult than trying to contact the President. I have seen multiple posts about a pink picture and I have seen the word "solved" and you click these many links and you never see any solution so first how do you actually contact support and why isn't the solution posted?

I changed my batteries in one camera and now the picture is PINK. How do I fix that??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hodgy03038
Tutor
Tutor

Changing the batteries worked! That is strange since the ones that were in there I just replaced this morning. So I am guessing those batteries may be bad now or it was just a freak occurence. Anyway it is solved. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , yes it is hard to contact Netgear between Christmas and NY... many are off for the holidays

Second as tothe Red tint... pull the batteries and replace... If the problem continues or happens again it is defective and needs replacement.

it is not user fixable.

At bottom or top of page is SUPPORT, click on that then there is CONTACT SUPPORT...

They have a phone #, html reply , and an email address to contact them

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
hodgy03038
Tutor
Tutor

I don't necessarily need to contact them between Christmas an New Year's but there should be a phone number or link to contact and not have to go through endless loops of ending up on the same page when you click support. Thanks for the imput. I will try that solution.

hodgy03038
Tutor
Tutor

Changing the batteries worked! That is strange since the ones that were in there I just replaced this morning. So I am guessing those batteries may be bad now or it was just a freak occurence. Anyway it is solved. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The support link is the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.
enolamyecart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same red/pink problem.  After reading through the forum, I realized some of the solutions (bad/cheap batteries) were somewhat far fetched.  The best solution was based on the IR sensor or the Cmos sensor being 'stuck', so to speak.  Here is what I did to fix it (not sure which actually solved, but here are my steps):

In Arlo APP:

-Reset Pan & Zoom

-Turn on Night Vision (wait 30 seconds)

-Turn off Night Vision (wait 30 seconds)

-Open Battery Door (wait 10 seconds)

-Close Battery door

-Allowed to resync and problem was fixed.

Hope this helps.