Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Had cameras for over 3 years. Cameras won't stay online. Tried factory reset, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dreamthief75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the Arlo base station package just over 3 years ago came with two cameras. Bought two additional cameras. Have had typical technical hick-ups now and then but nothing I couldn't handle until now.  All 4 of my Cameras will no longer stay online.  I bought new batteries, same thing.  I've factory reset everything and set up everything as a new system and same thing.  I can get all 4 of them to connect, they work for a few hours and slowly but surely one by one they stop responding and eventually go offline in under a few hours.    I am completely at a loss of what to try or do.

I did see some comments about issues with AT&T internet?  Are these legit?  After reading others that were having similar issues I feel like this will be a waste of time as I will just be passed off to support but virtual support chat is worthless, and I cannot open a ticket because my 1 year warranty has expired.  

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always open a ticket regardless of age of the system. You just won't be able to get RMAs.

WHat happens if you move a camera closer to the base? Does it stay connected? Has anything been moved or added near the base that could be interfering with the signal? Have you tried moving the base away from the router?

Dreamthief75
Aspirant
Aspirant

All cameras are within 150 feet of the base station with the closest one being within 20 feet.  I have left the cameras right next to the base station and they will still disconnect.  I have not tried moving the base away from the routers.  I will give that a shot this weekend and see what happens and update here once done.  Thanks for the idea.

Not sure what you mean by RMA's ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dreamthief75 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by RMA's ?

Return Merchandise Authorization

That's part of the process of getting a warranty replacement.

Dreamthief75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did move the base station and no difference.  All Cameras acted the same.  I will create a ticket and see where that goes.

Dreamthief75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Finally received a reply back from my ticket.  Their suggestions of what to do were as follows:

1) Remove Cameras from the base station.

2) Reset the base station.

3) remove batteries from the camera for 30 seconds, add batteries back, and sync.

This worked.  My cameras are online working wonderfully with the exception of 1 that I have determined is a bad camera.

Question:

I was under the impression that resetting the base station would remove the cameras which in turn would eliminate step 1?  Step 1 above is the only step I did differently during my attempts at getting this working.  Which confuses me.  Did they do something to my account before I retried the reset and just didn't mention that they did or what they did?  Or did step 1 truly make that difference and resetting the base station does not remove the cameras even though when you put it back online they are not there and you have to re-add them?

Glad they are now working but I'm thinking something fishy is going on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've always suggested removing all devices from Settings, My Devices before attempting a rebuild. Even if it is unnecessary it doesn't hurt to be thorough.