Granted access help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkB66
Follower
Follower

I have invited a family member to the Arlo app but it won’t give them access   I have ticked all the boxes the location settings are correct as well 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The family member may need to use a computer to click on the email link to finish the invite. If that's not the case, make sure you both see the same user interface (UI). New users automatically get the new UI that uses Feed to view recordings but you may still be on the old UI that uses Library. You'd have to migrate your account to use the new UI if that's the case. This can be done by selecting to add a Pro 5 even though you don't have one to your system so the migration occurs. When migrated, just back out of the bogus install. Note that the new UI is significantly different and custom modes don't transfer so you have to use the 3 default ones as you need. You should also check your schedules, modes, geofencing, etc. to make sure they transferred and work. Here's an FAQ to help:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

Last, your guest needs to click on Home near the top of the screen and choose the bottom selection. Each user gets a Home location so he has to select yours. I suggest renaming Home to help choose the right one.