Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted access - Can't see cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Insan3
Follower
Follower

So I have an Arlo system for my home that is working just fine. I also have been granted access to a second camera system for a shop. When I look at the main screen I do not see the three cameras at the shop but whenever I look under mode to see my devices I see my home camera system,

Screenshot_20230227_120943_Arlo Secure.jpg

and then three individual cameras labeled offline. I cannot change the offline status for those three cameras which I assume are for the shop that I have been granted access to. While I cannot see the cameras, whenever motion is detected I am able to view the videos from all three cameras that were saved.

I am using a S21 Ultra Samsung with the most up-to-date app

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Find out what version app the shop is using as well as what user interface (UI). You have the old (3.x) one while it's possible they're on the new (4.x) one. You can tell by having them check to see whether they see Library to view videos, as you do, or Feed. Feed means the new UI is in use. To view their cameras, you will need to match the UI. To do so, use Add Device and choose the Pro 5 camera even though you don't have one. That will force a migration of your account to the new UI at which point simply cancel the install. Note that this new UI is completely different and will change how you use your system. Custom modes won't migrate so you'll need to use the 3 existing modes, including Standby, to get what you need. 

Also, each user gets a Home location so you'd need to choose THEIR Home to see the cameras. Click on Home at the top and choose the bottom selection. I'd suggest that one or both of you rename Home so it's obvious whose is whose.