Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant Access invite not working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WazzaAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Friend added a few years ago and all was working OK. Now setting up friend's new phone with ARLO from my App. Friend is signed in to her account. All devices are checked for her to view, but no Admin rights .  When I invite her to join as friend she receives the email but there is no "link" in the email for her to click to accept the invite. The status on my App is "Pending" her acceptance.

Both phones are iOS 15.1.

Apps on both phones are Arlo Lifestyle version 3.5.10.

Any advice about how to fix this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing to a new phone does not require a new invitation, just the app and logging in as before. Did you remove her account from Settings, Grant Access and then send a new invitation? There's no reason you would need to do that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing to a new phone does not require a new invitation, just the app and logging in as before. Did you remove her account from Settings, Grant Access and then send a new invitation? There's no reason you would need to do that.

WazzaAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat. There were multiple problems with new phone that was sorted out by the Apple Genius Bar tech.

Yes I did remove friend from my account!

I logged out of my phone account and friend's phone account. Logged both phones back to their respective accounts and sent an invite to friend. There was an email sent to her with no link. When I opened her app I got an "accepted"  message to Add Friend page on my phone. And all is now working OK