Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cliff_J
Tutor
Tutor

I have searched everywhere but cannot find the solution. Setting up arlo wirefree hub. Plug in no problems with power. Network connects to router no problem. Open app and hub is found no problem. Set name and timezone no problem. Setup checks for firmware update and gets error installing new firmware, setup is stopped. I’ve reset, repowered and also removed batteries from the camera and each time nothing changed. Can not set up this device!! Any suggestions to update this firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cliff_J
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, my Arlo was from my brother. He had to log into his account and forget the device. Once that was done everything worked as it should.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the version displayed under the base settings is different from what's listed in the Firmware Release Notes section here, the fastest thing to do is to actually reset (a power cycle is not a reset) by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and set up fresh again. Make sure the base updates its firmware before doing anything else.

Cliff_J
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, this is a fresh set up. A full reset has been done but I cannot get past the "firmware not up to date on the base station" within the app. Can the base station be connected to a computer to perform the update from netgear?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the base needs to be connected to your network. There's no firmware that can be downloaded and manually pushed to any Arlo device. Sometimes taking the system to another location (friend's house, etc.) has worked at which point returning home has no issues.

Otherwise, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

TrumanGregory
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you found a solution I’m having the same problem?
Cliff_J
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, my Arlo was from my brother. He had to log into his account and forget the device. Once that was done everything worked as it should.