Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting disconnected randomly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two arlo (non pro, wireless) installed around the home. Ocassionally they would just disconnect without any warning, and reconnect themselves after a later time (usually within 24hrs) This happened yesterday, I managed to reconnect the one I had easy access to manually, and planned to resync the other one sometimes later today when I had more time. However, this morning it came back up online by itself.

Both were at around 40% battery level, and this has happened a few times before. I had no internet issues during these events.

Thanks in advanced!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds a bit like either a weak signal or interference causes the drop out.  That's all I have .

BTW, not a good idea to leave the camera offline if able to resync sooner...it uses more battery offline than in sleep mode

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm the one outside I can see getting weak connection... But the one indoor is literally within 5 meters of the base station so...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ochen,

Is your base station near any sources of potential WiFi interference (routers, baby monitors etc.)? Consider relocating the base station, limiting the nearby proximity of any WiFi devices if possible and see if you get the same results.

JamesC