Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting Status....

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rainyday71270
Tutor
Tutor

Hello.  I love your camera system!  I love what it does for me, how it works, the ease of using it...I want to say that upfront.  But, I am having a major issue with it keep saying "Getting Status".  I am either sitting in the house with it, sitting in the car right outside of it and it takes 2 to 3% of my battery power of my phone just trying to get status of my camera just so I can either turn it off or on.  There has been times I have sat in my car at the end of my carport for so long trying to wait for it to get status that I finally just had to drive up the drive way and letting it record me because I couldn't turn it off.  And I am beginning to get frustrated with it and thinking about returning it.  I have actually had someone knock on my door and by the time I finally got it to display, the person was gone.

Is there anything I can do to help it to obtain a status quicker and in a more timely manner?

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

when i see a getting status message going on for a long time, I generally reboot my base station.  That clears things back to normal.

Best to be home by base station when you do this because once rebooting from interface sent to base station to the twilight zone and i had to turn off/on to get back

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rainyday71270 wrote:

Is there anything I can do to help it to obtain a status quicker and in a more timely manner?

In my case... the answer to your question for me was a newer phone ( you don't mention what you use )...

Also, I noted that my S7 even burps a bit when I gets in range of the wifi and it switches over from LTE...sometime the app gets stuck in the switch over.

If it doesn't show status in a couple seconds, I just close it and restart...it's quicker than waiting for the phone to decide with which it's going with

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rainyday71270
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for replying. My phone is only about 3 months old so dont think thats the problem. Alll other apps open quickly with no issues. I will try shutting it down and restarting it...even though that doesnt sound like something a person should have to keep doing because thats not how a app should work if it was working correctly.
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I have the same issue on my Android S7 (Verizon)

i will launch Arlo and go to "MODE" and it's stuck at "Getting Status"

I have to flip the app off the screen...relaunch it....go back to "Mode"....wait 4-5 seconds and then it will show the proper status.

I'm assuming it's an Android programming issue.  Maybe relying on some cached data instead of restarting the app.  Anyways....an issue they need to fix.   It's not a new issue.   Very frustrating when you want to disarm it quickly and it takes about 20-30 seconds with all the waiting..giving up...flipping it off the screen...restarting...blah.

FYI:  I have VMB3010, but it's not available from selection in the "Model" field