Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting Error that Can't Connect to Media Server

Discussion stats
jdkeown
Follower
Follower

I cannot view the live stream on my arlo phone app or laptop. I am getting an error that says "there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server."

35 REPLIES 35
Funkquito
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now. I tried all the suggestions, and still nothing. Called support 2 weeks ago and they escalated the ticket. Still have heard nothing as of now. So meanwhile I have a system that does absolutely nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PITA but maybe a factory reset would help. Re-adding the base and re-sync the cameras. You'll need to recreate any modes and schedule. 

JEA003
Tutor
Tutor
This problem has yet to be fixed. When one asks the Arlo rep, the story is the same...the server is down and they are working on a solution. If you ask me, the product is timed to go down because Arlo know they made a huge economical mistake with the free plan. I am sure we all are satisfied with the free plan because it secures our home. I bet if we upgrade the streaming will then be flawless as it was on the free plan.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nice try but no.  Folks on the various plans have reported issues at various times.  

I had an "outage" yesterday myself.  I logged out and back in and all was fine.  Guess they rebooted the servers in those few seconds.

JEA003
Tutor
Tutor
That's crazy...ok I want to know, who here is paying for their plan and their Arlo is not working?
JEA003
Tutor
Tutor
Friends...this issue has been present since 2014 and it has not been fixed? Plus, Netgear is still selling the Arlo in stores knowing its damaged goods.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'm on the free plan and the only issue I have is that the Android app does not show videos from one camera when I record on it and another camera simultaneously. Other than that, I have no issues.

JGlass1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras keeps giving me the can't connect to media server error, has been doing this for going on 20 days now. Not sure what's going on or how to fix this problem. All of my other cameras are working fine and haven't given me this error. Anyone know how to go about fixing this or is it just dead?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried both the app and a browser? Have you tried power cycling the base? Are you getting recordings from this camera? If not, try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.
JGlass1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried with my personal computer, my work computer, my android and my wifes apple none of them are working for this camera. I have turned off the base and back on a couple of times. There is no recordings being made from this camera, it will act like it is recording but nothing ever shows up in my library. I have removed and reinstalled the camera once already. I have restarted my modem and router as well. Everything on those is working normally.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, my suggestion would be to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.