Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jdkeown
Follower
Follower

I cannot view the live stream on my arlo phone app or laptop. I am getting an error that says "there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server."

35 REPLIES 35
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon jdkeown,

We've recently identified an issue on the Arlo System where Live Streaming is not working and may be prompting an error message regarding the media server and/or streaming services.

Our engineering team is diligently working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Due to the nature of this matter, we don't have an estimate as to when we will have a resolution.

We will continue to provide updates as we work through the issue.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

dsin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Anxious to hear when this will be fixed. It's coming at an inopportune time.

Jodelynn75
Tutor
Tutor
Same thing here it acts like it's working I get notifications but no live stream or videos
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Earlier I got it too.. I think it's fixed now.. It takes a couple of Clicks/Tappings on Play Button but it's working... 

dsin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be fixed (right now at least) for me too. 

CDMEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same happening for me since yesterday.   Unable to connect to media server..

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

same happening for me both yesterday and today

bpg710
Guide
Guide

I'm getting the same issue. I started noticing the problem yesterday. At first I thought it was because I had installed a new camera that is farthest from the base but it appears to be a Netgear server issue. I hope it's fixed soon. I'm getting motion alerts but not getting all of my videos and cannot view my live stream via app or pc.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i am not getting all videos either, this has been an ongoing issue to varying degrees. i hope its resolved soon.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yup.. it sure is a bummer and it falls on the weekend too.. The fix will prolly' wait til' monday.. 

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am beginning to wish we had the option for local storage. So we could fix our systems.

It seems this always goes down on weekends and holidays :(....and there is always a wait.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I believe the option for local storage is brought up here and more:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/arlo-idea-exchange/tab/popular

but then who knows when it's going to happen.. 

This is one of the drawbacks of our Arlo Systems.. Server issues

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having the same errror now , have reset the router and hard box a couple of time now .

Just installed my arlo system yesterday and was working fine up to this today at lunch .

Now get the following error message "there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server."

Any update on fix to this issue ?

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

kirkulles,

You may have received this error while server maintenance was performed last night to increase capacity.

Please let us know if you continue to see these errors.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
bally
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought an Arlo pack with 3 cameras. I get the same error regarding connection to the server. Issue persists using 3 different browsers, but I can sometimes get streaming video through the Arlo app on my iphone. I really need this to work on my computer.

Whats going on??

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bally,

In addition to the troubleshooting that you have tried, let us see about doing the following:

1. Check your antivirus and/or firewall to see if it is blocking access to Arlo
  2. Ensure that port 80 and 443 are open.
  3. Clear the browser cache (process may vary on browser used)
  4. Ensure that the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed and/or enabled in your browser..
  5. The upload speed of your Internet connection should be at least 1Mbps
  6. Try accessing your Arlo account on a different network such as a work network if your system is setup at home
  7. When accessing the Arlo Mobile App, try to access while on Wi-Fi and then on your cellular data to see if there is any different behaviors.

In order to test and try to replicate what you are experiencing on my end, kindly provide the following information:

1. What is the browser and browser version that you are using? (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
  2. What Operating System are you using?
  3. Who is your Internet Service Provider?

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
jgravert
Guide
Guide

I posted this in another post.

For reference: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/quot-There-was-a-problem-establishing-a-connection-...

I just found something that Works on one of my PC's.

Others should try this and see if it works for them.

NOTE: Internet Explorer and Chrome Still DO NOT WORK!

I was able to get this working in FireFox.

Follow these steps and report back here if it works for you as well. You will need to try this with FIREFOX Web Browser. Latest Version.

Step 1) Go Here and Follow the Steps...  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Step 2) Go Here and Follow the Steps....  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Step 3)  In FireFox go to  the Menu that looks like a stack of 3 hamburgers at the top right. Then click  "OPTIONS" then click "SECURITY"    Once on the Security Page click the "Exceptions" button. Add the following websites to the list. 

arlo.netgear.com

netgear.com

You will need to do them one at a time. Click the "Allow" button after typing each one. It will populate in the list below. Then Click "Save Changes".

Step 4) Close FireFox. Make sure it has closed then re-open it. I don't believe I cleared Browsing History but if I did you may have to do this also.

Now visit arlo.netgear.com and put in your username and password and see if it works for you.

Good Luck! and please post your results.

Janna4
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will this be fixed give an estimate at least.

My cameras have been offline since Arlo did their firmware update.

Cameras wiorked great before firmware was updated.

Only have 90 Days to return System to the Store for a refund.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Janna4,

Is the base station offline as well or just the cameras? How many cameras are affected? Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door on the cameras and take note of the LED on the camera. It's possible the batteries are drained and need to be replaced which is causing the camera to appear offline.

JamesC

cindyl2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing the same problem today - phone, tablet and computer - and on all cameras!!  New batteries.

What is going on at Arlo??

Janna4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I returned the system to Sams.  This all statrted when Arlo update their firmware. No estimated time on fixing the problem. Had waited over 2 monthson Arlo to fix problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As some of you may have already witnessed we are experiencing intermittent performance issues with live streaming and accessing the library.  Our Engineers are working on it and will provide and update once resolved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was implemented that should resolve the intermittent issues with accessing the library and live streaming. We will continue to monitor the system closely. Please let us know if you continue to experience these issues!

JamesC

LotusMartin
Aspirant
Aspirant

"intermittent problems" - this is laughable.

Right now your system quite simply doesn't work.  Bough my Arlo cameras on Thursday they worked perfectly for 24 hours, and now no live streaming on phone or browser.

Tried all the fixes - will be returning the entire system unless you guys figure this out sharpish.