Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joeker1
Tutor
Tutor

My hardwired camera is armed when I'm out (geofence); my wireless base station and its cameras is disarmed when I'm out (geofence).  It uses the same enabled device and the device shows out of zone.  Android s9+ phone

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is there a question with this?

Joeker1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes.  I described the probelm.  Is there a way to fix it?  The wireless cameras should be enabled when I am out just as the wired camera is.  Problem is the wireless cameras show disabled even when I leave the geofence zone.  The app says I'm out of zone and it's the device that is used for geofencing.  It works with the wired camera.  So to make it a question:  Is there a way to fix it?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Joeker1 wrote:

My hardwired camera is armed when I'm out (geofence); my wireless base station and its cameras is disarmed when I'm out (geofence).  It uses the same enabled device and the device shows out of zone.  Android s9+ phone

There is some sort of problem with geofencing currently.  A number of people have reported problems and my wife and I also experience problems with it.  One recommendation (which seems to have worked for a few people) is to remove the check mark from the device that is being used from geofencing on the problematic device (or set of devices), save the settings, close the app, possibly even remotely reboot the mobile device and then restart the app and set up the device again as the monitored device for geofencing and save.