Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing missing from app

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Comissarr
Guide
Guide

The Geofencing mode is missing from my app.

It still appears online (though it is not selectable from the internet).

This mode has disappeared in the last week or so.

I am using a Samsung S6.  

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with no success.

Is anyone else having this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DevokNZ
Initiate
Initiate

Ok, mines come back...

Here's what I did:

Uninstall Arlo

Reset password

Restart phone

Install Arlo

It's now returned.  Can't guarantee itll work for anyone else, but it's worth a try.

EDIT:  Well, that didn't last long, it's gone again 😞

EDIT2:  It's back.  This time all I did was log out of the arlo phone app, then log back in.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you restarted the phone?
Comissarr
Guide
Guide

Yes I have restarted the device and it is not available.

Interestingly, the Geofence option appears on my wife's phone (Nexus 5).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure it would make a difference but are your location services enabled?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Comissar,

Geofencing can only be enabled from the primary account. Are you logging in from a shared account (an account Granted Access from the primary account)?

JamesC

Comissarr
Guide
Guide

Yes, location services are enabled.

Comissarr
Guide
Guide

Yes.  I am am logging into the primary account (as I am the primary account holder).

When I log in online, the mode option for Geofencing is displayed (but is not selectable because Geofencing can only be turned on through mobile).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's correct and normal. Only mobile devices can access the GF option.

Comissarr
Guide
Guide

The key point here is the Geofencing option no longer appears on the App on my phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Beats me. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

dsro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues.  I installed my Arlo Pro yesterday and GEO Fencing was on the app on my phone and now it has gone???

DevokNZ
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem for me.  I uninstalled the app because I was having trouble with geofencing (not enabling, or enabling/disabling while I was within the fence) And upon reinstalling it, geofencing had disappeared.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.

DevokNZ
Initiate
Initiate

Ok, mines come back...

Here's what I did:

Uninstall Arlo

Reset password

Restart phone

Install Arlo

It's now returned.  Can't guarantee itll work for anyone else, but it's worth a try.

EDIT:  Well, that didn't last long, it's gone again 😞

EDIT2:  It's back.  This time all I did was log out of the arlo phone app, then log back in.

Comissarr
Guide
Guide

I have heard back from support....this is a known issue and occurs when more than one device is enabled.

I have not deactivated the other device yet.  I am waiting to hear back from support to see if they know if this will fix the issue for me.  I do not want to deactivate the only device in which Geofencing is active, only to lose all access later if it does not come back to the App on my device.

bikemike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a link to a support ticket for this?

I have same issue - works on original device, appears intermittently on new device.

I want to keep the original device as a utility device at home, and as a spare phone in emergency.

My new phone I want to use normally, and have the geofencing tied to that one.

Seems there is some inconsistency with how two devices on the one account handshake - sometimes I get 'not connected' or 'logged out because you logged in from another device' - only by trying to fix the geocaching option has it become obvious that two devices on same account is not actually supported.

I'm assuming solution for now is to share access on another login for the home-bound device??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bikemike,

You cannot be logged in on the same account with two different devices. To accomplish what you are describing. You will need to utilize the Grant Access feature and set up a shared account.

Take a look here for more information: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

HBPERER
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was worried if I removed the Arlo app I would lose my settings. I removed the Arlo app as suggested and reinstalled it

and re-entered my password. The Geofencing was there and I did not lose any settings....I just wanted to pass this on.