Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried both in IOS and Android. I see same problem with Geofencing on. For example, my phone is away form the Geofence and it is in the Away Mode that shows up in notifications, while the App GUI shows Disarmed or sometimes the round circle with dot icon for GPS and blank.

I cannot tell if it is working or not. Even with the Geofence on, I'll see if too. I sense my cameras aren't working as intended and have to double check what I told them to do.

Anyone else has this issue and resolved it?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Goonnay,

Is this issue happening after you updated to 2.7.1 for both iOS and Android? Have you tried to reinstall the app to see if that helps? Also, try checking through the web client on your computer and see if you're seeing the same problem. 

And if you can, send over a screenshot so I can try seeing what the problem might be.

Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android
Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant
IOS
Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Web Browser

Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Before I updated, Geofence wasn't working for a long time. Now it is working much better except these instances are showing up.

As for the context of the screenshots. I'm at home and it's showing up as disarmed for all three platforms. I'll need to get a screenshot where I only see the location icon like the browser picture.

Also.. I tried to clear storage, cache and reinstall the app. Still no change or resolution.
Skinner
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too am having same issue with IOS however I can look at my devices and tell that all is as it should be by the record icon being black or grey. Would be nice to see it on geofence notice screen though.