Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
write2norm
Follower
Follower

I am trying to use Geofencing on two iPhone 6's.  For the base station to recognzie that both phones are way they both have to be signed into my account. If one iPhone is not signed in, then Away mode is not Armed - no matter where it is located.

But, when one phone is logged into my account the other is automatically logged out.  So the Geofencing Away mode is never triggered.  How can this be overcome?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Grant access for the second person. Be sure to grant the additional privileges.

HouseCameras
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is Geofencing? And I don't hear voice on cameras. How to make camera's record longer? And at night full range of motion is not detected
HouseCameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Geofencing is a mode where the Arlo app uses your phone's location to determine if you're at home or away and react accordingly. Try it - you can't break anything. There is also an FAQ to read on this.

You appear to have the original wireless cameras which don't have voice. The Pro and Q cameras do.

Longer recordings are set in your modes/rules in the Mode tab. Check out the FAQs on this, too.

Night detection could be due to cooler objects not emitting as much IR. Other factors can be at play here, too, so some trial and error with positioning as well as sensitivity settings could be in order. All settings are found in your modes and rules.