Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Won't Select My Phone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
supersphinx01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just moved to a new home and also got a new phone (running Android 12). I was able to set up my Arlo base station and cameras without issue, however when I try to reestablish geofencing with my new phone as the "enabled mobile device," the page will allow me to select the new phone using the check box, but there is no "save" button anywhere. I had already deleted my old phone (also an Android) off the list of devices that I could use (this old phone is the one that originally set up all my Arlo items several years ago). The "edit" button on the top right doesn't seem to do anything either. All app and firmware updates have been installed.

Basically, I can go into my Geofencing settings a million times, everything else saves correctly (new address, radius, etc) but no matter how many times I check off my new phone, the "enabled mobile devices" section always reads "0."

What is going on here? Can this be fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the Edit on the first page of devices and then Done on the second. It appears that simply selecting should save but maybe not.

supersphinx01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately, I cannot do that. The "done" option is greyed out and I cannot select it no matter what device I select or deselect. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate this.
Screenshot_20211108-065446.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, that's what it does for me, too. I thought it was because I really wasn't adding/changing anything. @JamesC ?